Events Management Course Outline
Mode of Delivery: Online
This course comprises 10 units and will be delivered over 6 weeks. After registration is completed and payments made, students would be issued the link and corresponding password to access study materials.
The main course materials will be accessible via the school’s virtual learning environment. Tasks are inclusive of, but not limited to:
- Independent activities – problem solving
- Case studies and presentations
- Responding to scenarios
- Self-assessment quizzes
1. Each week you will be provided with guidance on particular topics to focus on, but you must also be prepared to work independently through all the course material. Classes begin on Monday, on a pre-arranged date. Students are required to read the materials posted, as well as submit the corresponding assignments.
2. All weekly assignments are to be completed and submitted by 11:59pm on the Sunday of the same week.
1. Introduction to Event Management
2. The Role of the Event Manager
3. Types of Events
4. Finding Clients
5. Making an Event a Success
6. Top Promotional Strategies
7. Generating Revenue
8. Publicity and Media Coverage
9. Pricing your Event
10. Staffing your event